STAR PROPHETS


1. The Call

a) 4The word of the Lord came to me, saying, "5Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:4, 5 NIV)

i) 3But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort. (1 Corinthians 14:3 NIV)

ii) Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church. (1 Corinthians 14:4 NIV)

b) 7But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord . (Jeremiah 1:7, 8 NIV)

c) 9Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth. 10See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.” (Jeremiah 1:9, 10 NIV)

d) 12The Lord said to me, “You have seen correctly, for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled.” (Jeremiah 1:12 NIV)

i) 19God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill? (Numbers 23:19 NIV)

2. Prophet’s Integrity

a) 6Now come and put a curse on these people, because they are too powerful for me. Perhaps then I (Balak) will be able to defeat them and drive them out of the land. For I know that whoever you bless is blessed, and whoever you curse is cursed.” (Numbers 22:6 NIV)

b) 18But Balaam answered them, “Even if Balak gave me all the silver and gold in his palace, I could not do anything great or small to go beyond the command of the Lord my God. (Numbers 22:18 NIV)

c) 38“Well, I have come to you now,” Balaam replied. “But I can’t say whatever I please. I must speak only what God puts in my mouth.” (Numbers 22:38 NIV)

3. People’s Evaluation of Prophet’s Message

a) 21“But you may wonder, ‘How will we know whether or not a prophecy is from the Lord ?’ 22If the prophet speaks in the Lord's name but his prediction does not happen or come true, you will know that the Lord did not give that message. That prophet has spoken without my authority and need not be feared. (Deuteronomy 18:21, 22 NLT)

4. Prayer focus

a) Pray for Prophets to rise and shine in the marketplace. 

Comments