CHRISTIAN PRAYERS (11)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Comfort in Loss

a) Loss can come upon you suddenly and overwhelm you with grief. Giving yourself time and space to heal, and being real with the Lord about your pain can help. Consider these sure words of comfort from Scripture and pray the prayer below asking the Father to give you new hope and strength to go on.  

i) "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18 NLT)

"The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, 'The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!'

The LORD is wonderfully good to those who wait for him and seek him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the LORD. For the Lord does not abandon anyone forever. Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion according to the greatness of his unfailing love." (Lamentations 3:22-26; 31-32 NLT)

2. Prayer for Comfort in Loss

Dear Lord,

 Please help me in this time of loss and overwhelming grief. I don't understand why my life is filled with this pain and heartache. But I turn my eyes to you as I seek to find the strength to trust in your faithfulness. I will wait on you and not despair; I will quietly wait for your salvation. My heart is crushed, but I know that you will not abandon me forever. Please show me your compassion, Lord. Help me through the pain so that I will hope in you again. I believe this promise in your Word to send me fresh mercy each day. Though I can't see past today, I trust your great love will never fail me.

 Amen.


The End ...

Comments