GRACE FOR THE MOMENT | A HOME FOR YOUR HEART

1. Grace for the Moment

a) "Grace for the Moment" is a collection of thoughts that are inspirational. They are intended to encourage, to give hope, and to inspire the viewers.

b) Reading a thought can change the way you think about something.

2. Scripture Verse

i) Psalm 26:8 New Century Version (NCV)


Lord, I love the Temple where you live,
where your glory is.
 
3. Thoughts

a) When it comes to resting your soul, there is no place like the Great House of God. "I'm asking Yahweh for one thing," David wrote, "only one thing: to live with Him in His house my whole life long. I'll contemplate His beauty, I'll study at His feet. That's the only quiet secure place in a noisy world" (Psalms 27:4-5 MSG).

Psalm 27:4-5 The Message (MSG)

I’m asking God for one thing,
    only one thing:
To live with him in his house
    my whole life long.
I’ll contemplate his beauty;
    I’ll study at his feet.
 
That’s the only quiet, secure place
    in a noisy world,
The perfect getaway,
    far from the buzz of traffic.
 
b) If you could ask God for one thing, what would you request? David tells us what he would ask. He longs to live, because it deserves to be emphasized. David doesn't want to chat. He doesn't desire a cup of coffee on the back porch. He doesn't ask for a meal or to spend an evening in God's house. He wants to move in with him... forever. He's asking for his own room... permanently. He doesn't want to be stationed in God's house, he longs to retire there. He doesn't seek a temporary assignment, but rather lifelong residence. 

Comments