BIBLICAL VIEW | DECEIT (5)

1. Introduction

Proverbs 20:17 Amplified Bible (AMP)


17 Food gained by deceit is sweet to a man, but afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel. 

2. Jacob terrified

Genesis 42:35-38 New Living Translation (NLT)

35 As they emptied out their sacks, there in each man’s sack was the bag of money he had paid for the grain! The brothers and their father were terrified when they saw the bags of money. 36 Jacob exclaimed, “You are robbing me of my children! Joseph is gone! Simeon is gone! And now you want to take Benjamin, too. Everything is going against me!”

37 Then Reuben said to his father, “You may kill my two sons if I don’t bring Benjamin back to you. I’ll be responsible for him, and I promise to bring him back.”

38 But Jacob replied, “My son will not go down with you. His brother Joseph is dead, and he is all I have left. If anything should happen to him on your journey, you would send this grieving, white-haired man to his grave.” 

Comments