BIBLE STORY 7 | THE EXODUS (3)

1. Bible Story

a) Discover the various stories in the Bible. Each story may give you some idea of the event from the beginning of Creation to Eternity.

b) Here we have one of the Bible Stories.

2. The Exodus 

a) Moses had become a shepherd, and, as he led his flock in the desert, the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the middle of a bush: Amazingly, the bush burned, but was not consumed.

b) So Moses said, “I must go over there to see this great sight and find out why that bush is not burnt.”

c) As he approached, God called to him out of the bush, saying, “Moses, Moses.”

d) Moses answered, “Here I am.”

e) Then God said, “Come no closer. Take off your shoes, for you are standing on holy ground. I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.”

f) Moses hid his face; because he was afraid to look at God. And the Lord said, “I have surely seen the affliction of My people in Egypt, and have heard their cry. I know their sorrows. I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them into a good land flowing with milk and honey. Now Moses, I will send you to Pharaoh, that you may lead My people, the Children of Israel, out of Egypt.”

g) And Moses said unto God, “Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring Your people out of Egypt? When I say to the Children of Israel, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you’; and they say back to me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?”

h) Then God said to Moses, “I AM THAT I AM. You shall say to the children of Israel, I AM has sent me to you.”

i) And Moses said unto the Lord, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent. I am not a good speaker; my words get tangled up.”

j) But the Lord answered, “Who has made man’s mouth? Haven’t I, the Lord? Now go. Aaron, your brother, is a good speaker. Talk through him. I will be with your mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what you shall say and do.

k) When you return to Egypt, you will do miracles in front of Pharaoh. But I will harden his heart, so that he shall not let the people go. You must tell Pharaoh, “The Lord said, Israel is My son, even My firstborn: Let My son go, so he may serve Me: and if you refuse to let him go, I will kill your son, even your firstborn.” 

Comments