BAPTIZED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Baptized With The Holy Spirit

a) The term “baptize with the Holy Spirit” occurs in several places in the New Testament.  

b) Let’s read some of these to see if we can find the meaning of the term of being baptized with the Holy Spirit:

John 1:32-33
John, when speaking about Jesus said, “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him.  And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.” 

Luke 3:16
 Again, John said about Jesus, “I baptize you with water.  But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.” 

Acts 1:4-5
Jesus instructed the disciples just before His Ascension to “not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.  For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.”  


The End ...

Comments