GOD IS SOVEREIGN 7: JESUS PRAYS FOR US

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Jesus Prays For Us

a) It is an awesome privilege to have someone pray for you and me.  We pray regularly for the viewers of this blog and for support, and many who contact us here, but if you wanted someone to pray for you, how about Jesus!   

b) The fact is that Jesus does pray for those in the Body of Christ, the church.  In John 17 Jesus prayed to God the Father and said, “I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours“ (John 17:9). 

John 17:20  
“I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word.” 

John 17:26
“I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.” 

c) What an awesome thing to have the Son of God praying for you “For Christ did not enter a man-made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence” (Hebrews 9:24).  

d) God intercedes today in God the Father’s presence for us, on our behalf!  How awesome is our God!   If Christ saw fit to pray, and understood God was sovereign over all things and in all ages, why can we not see the importance of it, regardless of the fact that God is sovereign?  How can we not pray for one another? 


The End ...

Comments