JESUS IS TRUTH

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Truth

a) Truth is defined by one source as “sincerity in action, character, and utterance.” Perhaps the most famous verse about truth in the Bible is what Jesus said “… I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6) 

b) So Jesus is truth and Jesus is also the Word (John 1:1, 14).  As Christians we believe that every word in the Bible is true; this is the foundation upon which we live our lives. Knowing what the Bible says about truth and hiding God’s word in our heart helps us to know when we are listening to the Voice of Truth. 

2. Jesus Is Truth 

Matthew 22:16 
And they sent their disciples to him, along with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that you are true and teach the way of God truthfully, and you do not care about anyone’s opinion, for you are not swayed by appearances.

John 1:14 
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:17 
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

John 8:31-32
So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 17:8 
For I have given them the words that you gave me, and they have received them and have come to know in truth that I came from you; and they have believed that you sent me. 


The End ...

Comments