TEMPTATION: WHERE GOD TESTS MAN

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Temptation

a) All of us have been tempted to do things we know are wrong and outside of the will of God. We face these temptations and when we fail, we often feel the guilt and shame from the sin that we committed.  Even people that are trying to do the right thing will fall into traps that Satan uses to ensnare us. Some Christians feel as if their spiritual life is like a roller coaster where there are spiritual highs and spiritual lows that often come when we fail a test or give into temptation. 

b) There are many verses in Scripture that talk about temptation and testing.  Many are given in the form of warnings, some verses show how Jesus was tested, and then one verse shows one instance where God invites us to test Him with our giving.   

2. Where God Tests Man


Psalms 26:2 
Prove me, O LORD, and try me; test my heart and my mind.

Jeremiah 9:7 
Therefore thus says the LORD of hosts: “Behold, I will refine them and test them, for what else can I do, because of my people?

Jeremiah 17:10 
“I the LORD search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.” 


The End ...

Comments