END TIMES | REESTABLISHMENT OF THE DAVIDIC THRONE

1. End Times

a) Many people are fascinated with thinking and studying about the end times. The study of Eschatology (or end times) is a very large subject. Deep down inside all of us we long to know what is next or what happens after this life.

b) If you have ever attended a funeral service for anyone you probably asked yourself this question. In fact, contemplation of what happens after this life will often lead someone to search their own faith and belief system. For us, it lead to making a decision to follow Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord. He is the only answer that makes any sense in our mind. 

c) The Bible tells us much about not only Jesus but how this world will one day end. Major events like judgment, tribulation, abomination that leads to desolation, the rapture (or to be "caught up"according to Thessalonians), and the millennium will occur one day. 

2. Reestablishment Of The Davidic Throne

2 Samuel 7:11-16 
From the time that I appointed judges over my people Israel. And I will give you rest from all your enemies. Moreover, the LORD declares to you that the LORD will make you a house. When your days are fulfilled and  you lie down with your fathers,  I will raise up your offspring after you, who shall come from your body, and I will establish his kingdom.  He shall build a house for my name, and  I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.  I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son. When he commits iniquity, I will discipline him with the rod of men, with the stripes of the sons of men,  but my steadfast love will not depart from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away from before you. And your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me. Your throne shall be established forever.

1 Chronicles 17:10-14
From the time that I appointed judges over my people Israel. And I will subdue all your enemies. Moreover, I declare to you that the LORD will build you a house. When your days are fulfilled to walk with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring after you, one of your own sons, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for me, and I will establish his throne forever.  I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son. I will not take my steadfast love from him, as I took it from him who was before you, but I will confirm him in my house and in my kingdom forever, and his throne shall be established forever.  

Comments