PSALMS (70)

0. Introduction

a) Psalms is a great collection of songs and prayers expresses the heart and soul of humanity. In them, the whole range of human experiences is expressed. David and the other writers honestly pour out their true feelings, reflecting a dynamic, powerful, and life-changing relationship with God. The psalmists confess their sins, express their doubts and fears, ask God for help in times of trouble, and praise and worship him.

b) As you read Psalms, let the honesty of the psalmists guide you into a deep and genuine relationship with God.

1. Psalms 70

a) To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. To bring to remembrance.

2. Theme:

a) An urgent prayer for help. It can be your prayer when you're short on time and long on need.

3. Author:

a) David.

4. Scripture text: Psalms 70:1-15

1Make haste, O God, to deliver me!
Make haste to help me, O Lord!

Let them be ashamed and confounded
Who seek my life;
Let them be turned back and confused
Who desire my hurt.
Let them be turned back because of their shame,
Who say, “Aha, aha!”


Let all those who seek You rejoice and be glad in You;
And let those who love Your salvation say continually,
“Let God be magnified!”


But I am poor and needy;
Make haste to me, O God!
You are my help and my deliverer;
O Lord, do not delay. (Psalms 70:1-5 NKJV) 

Comments