THE PROPHET'S TESTIMONY: INFANT IN EGYPT

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. The Prophets’ Testimony

a) When someone expects our trust, we look for credentials. What entitles that person to our trust? What testimony is there that this person should be believed? This applies to our faith in Jesus. He has credentials. He is not without testimony that he is truly whom he claims to be. 

b) Over the centuries, prophets had been speaking and writing about the Messiah who was to come. They foresaw many aspects of his life.

2. Infant In Egypt  

Matthew 2:13-15
13 Now when they had departed, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream, saying, “Arise, take the young Child and His mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I bring you word; for Herod will seek the young Child to destroy Him.”

14 When he arose, he took the young Child and His mother by night and departed for Egypt, 15 and was there until the death of Herod, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the Lord through the prophet, saying, “Out of Egypt I called My Son.”

Hosea 11:1 
11 “When Israel was a child, I loved him,
And out of Egypt I called My son.


The End ...

Comments