IF A MAN DIES, SHALL HE LIVE AGAIN?: DANIEL SHARED JOB'S HOPE

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. If A Man Dies, Shall He Live Again?

a) You could hardly think of a more important question than this. Is death the end of a person, or is there hope that death is temporary and the dead shall be resurrected (raised from death) to everlasting life? Job believed in the resurrection; so did David and Daniel. Jesus assures us of it.

Job 14:14-15  
“14 If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait, Till my change comes. 15 You shall call, and I will answer You; You shall desire the work of Your hands.” 

2. Daniel Shared Job’s Hope

a) The prophets of the Old Testament make some references to the resurrection and life after death. For example David says, “As for me, I will see your face; I shall be satisfied when I awake in your likeness” (Psalm 17:15).

b) But the clearest Old Testament prediction of the resurrection was spoken by an angel to Daniel.

Daniel 12:2-3
“2 Many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awaken; some to everlasting life, some to everlasting shame and contempt. 3 Those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the firmament, and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever.”  

c) There are four important points:

i) God will call the dead and they shall arise.

ii) The redeemed will arise to receive eternal life in glory.

iii) Their bodies will be changed into an immortal form.

iv) They will see God face to face.


The End ...

Comments