THE GOD WHO SEEKS: REVEALED

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. The God Who Seeks

a) Our God is the most high God, exalted above all things, the Creator and Ruler of all things, and altogether good and just. Although he is so high, he diligently seeks out those whom he has created, and makes himself known to humanity. He helps human beings to seek him and find him. In most cases, however, they reject God and do not seek God.

2. Revealed

a) Isaiah also teaches us that the most high God wants men and women to know him and seek him, and therefore has revealed himself to the people of earth.

b) God revealed himself in his Son. "...a Son will be given to us... Mighty God..." (Isaiah 9:6-7). This came true when Christ was born. God was revealed in the flesh. (John 14:8-9).

c) God has sent the gospel, a message of good news into the world. "How lovely on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news... who announces salvation" (Isaiah 52:7, Romans 10:15).

d) God has made known to humans what they could not perceive by themselves. "Eye has not seen nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for those who love him, but God has revealed them to us by his Spirit" ( 1 Corinthians 2:6-10, Isaiah 64:1-4).

e) God was not ashamed to call us his brethren and children. "Behold I and the children whom the Lord has given me" (Isaiah 8:17-18, Hebrews 2:13).

f) God has even permitted those to find him who were not his people and who did not seek him. He has repeatedly made himself known to them. "I permitted myself to be sought by those who did not ask for me. I permitted myself to be found by those who did not seek me. I said, 'Here I am, here I am,' to a nation which did not call on my name" (Isaiah 65:1, Romans 10:20). 


The End ...

Comments