THE PROPHET'S TESTIMONY: PIERCED

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. The Prophets’ Testimony

a) When someone expects our trust, we look for credentials. What entitles that person to our trust? What testimony is there that this person should be believed? This applies to our faith in Jesus. He has credentials. He is not without testimony that he is truly whom he claims to be. 

b) Over the centuries, prophets had been speaking and writing about the Messiah who was to come. They foresaw many aspects of his life.

2. Pierced  

John 19:37
37 And again another Scripture says, “They shall look on Him whom they pierced.”

Zechariah 12:10
10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.

Zechariah 13:6
6 And one will say to him, ‘What are these wounds between your arms?’ Then he will answer, ‘Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.’

Psalm 22:16
16 For dogs have surrounded Me;
The congregation of the wicked has enclosed Me.
They pierced My hands and My feet;

Luke 24:39
39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have.”


The End ...

Comments