SHEEPFOLD THEMES | THE IMPORTANCE OF OBEDIENCE

1. Sheepfold Themes

a) The Sheepfold Parables we looked at in John chapter 10, contain all seven themes.

b) Here is one of them.

2. The Importance Of Obedience

John 10:3-4, 17-18
3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice.

17 For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. 18 No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father.”

a) "The sheep hear his voice... and they follow him". Jesus spoke of laying down his life for the sheep, and he said, "This commandment I received from my Father". It was necessary that Jesus obey his Father’s commandment. Surely it is necessary that we also hear and obey the voice of the Son, the good shepherd who was obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross (Philippians 2:8).  

Comments