PSALMS ABOUT MERCY (1)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Mercy

a) The book of Psalms contains many wonderful verses about mercy, love and hope. The word "mercy" is often used in the Psalms when talking about God's love and care over us. One definition of mercy is God withholding the punishment we deserve. Is there any better description of love than that?

2. Psalms  

Psalms 13:5, 6 
But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

Psalms 23:6 
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Psalms 25:6, 7 
Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses; for they have been ever of old. Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness’ sake, O LORD. 


The End ...

Comments