PSALMS ABOUT MERCY (2)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Mercy

a) The book of Psalms contains many wonderful verses about mercy, love and hope. The word "mercy" is often used in the Psalms when talking about God's love and care over us. One definition of mercy is God withholding the punishment we deserve. Is there any better description of love than that?

2. Psalms 

Psalms 31:7 
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities.

Psalms 33:22 
Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.

Psalms 57:9-11 
I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations. For thy mercy is great unto the heavens, and thy truth unto the clouds. Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens: let thy glory be above all the earth. 


The End ...

Comments