PSALMS ABOUT MERCY (3)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Mercy

a) The book of Psalms contains many wonderful verses about mercy, love and hope. The word "mercy" is often used in the Psalms when talking about God's love and care over us. One definition of mercy is God withholding the punishment we deserve. Is there any better description of love than that?

2. Psalms  

Psalms 86:5 
For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee.

Psalms 94:17, 18 
Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence. When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.

Psalms 100:4, 5 
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations


The End ...

Comments