SPIRITUAL KINGDOM | QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER

1. Spiritual Kingdom

a) They are two spiritual kingdoms - the kingdom of Light and kingdom of Darkness. This does not mean they are imaginary or philosophical constructs. They are real but not political or geographical kingdoms. Rather they are world wide and exist in people’s hearts. Every person in the world belongs to one of these kingdoms.

2. Questions To Consider

a) Here are some questions to consider.

i) Am I acknowledging Jesus as my Lord and King, or am I by default letting Satan have dominion over me?

ii) Though Christ's kingdom is in the world where I am, yet it is the kingdom of heaven and not of the world. So where is my life and heart centered? Are my affections for this world or for the heavenly realms?

iii) Am I a true believer in Jesus Christ and therefore a citizen of his kingdom, or am I an unbeliever and therefore an alien to his realm?

iv) Do I keep the law of Jesus, both believing and obeying the gospel, or am I a lawless one deceived into disregard of his covenant law?

v) Is it my custom and habit to show the light and Spirit of Christ in my daily conduct, or am I walking in darkness and fleshly lusts?

vi) Am I living in the power and victory of Jesus, more than a conqueror through him (Romans 8:37), or am I living in my own weakness and failure under the illusion that I am strong?

vii) What is my destiny? I can ask no question more important than that. My destiny cannot be something in this life, because the last thing that will happen to me in this life is my death. Have I secured life after death, eternal life in heavenly glory with Christ? Or is he going to send me away into everlasting punishment because I did not honor him as my King and become a loyal citizen of his kingdom under his blessing? 

Comments