FULFILLED PROPHECIES 2 | MESSIANIC (2)

Add caption
1. Fulfilled Prophecies of Jesus Christ

a) It is amazing to me that none of the religious leaders in Jesus Christ’s earthly ministry recognized Him as the Messiah. This is especially surprising since there were dozens and dozens of prophecies regarding His coming.  

b) In John 8:58 Jesus tells them of His ancient origins and they wanted to stone Him for it, “Most assuredly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am.“  He also tells the religious leaders that He was the manna that came down from heaven in the wilderness in John 6:41, “At this the Jews there began to grumble about him because he said, “I am the bread that came down from heaven.”  They wanted to kill Him for this too because He was associating Himself with the God that led them out of Egypt – and as the manna (meaning “what is it!”) that came down from heaven.

c) In the gospel of John (1:1-2) He is indicated as having self-existence or the “I AM” of the Old Testament, which was the Old Covenant name of God,  and as such He was also the Creator, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.  Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.”   

2. Messianic Prophecies 

Deuteronomy 18:15
“The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among you, from your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.”

Zachariah 9:9
“Rejoice greatly, Daughter Zion! Shout, Daughter Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, Righteous and victorious, lowly and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.”

Psalm 118:22
“The stone the builders rejected has become the cornerstone.”

Psalm 2:7
“I will proclaim the LORD’s decree: he said to me, you are my son; today I have become your father." 

Comments