GOD THE FATHER (11)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. God is your Father

(John 1:12-13)
But to as many as did receive and welcome Him [Jesus], He gave the authority (power, privilege, right) to become the children of God.

a) That is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name– Who owe their birth neither to bloods nor to the will of the flesh [that of physical impulse] nor to the will of man [that of a natural father], but to God. [They are born of God!]

(1 John 3:1)
Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God.

2. Other Scriptures

(John 8:28-29) 
So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am the one I claim to be and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. {29} The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.”

(John 8:42) 
Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me.

(John 12:24-26)
I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. {25} The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. {26} Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.


The End ...

Comments