DELIGHTING IN & ENJOYNG GOD (3)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Delighting in and enjoying God

a) When we delight our selves in God He becomes the desire of our heart, He becomes our reward, and in His presence is fullness of joy. 

(Psalms 37:4-6 NKJV) 
Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. {5} Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. {6} He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday.  

b) Delight is the Hebrew word ‘anag, aw-nag'; it means to be soft or pliable. So we delight in God by humbling ourselves before Him, by resting in Him, by relaxing in His control of our lives as an infant rest in His parents arms.

(Isaiah 29:19 NKJV) 
The humble also shall increase their joy in the LORD, And the poor among men shall rejoice In the Holy One of Israel.

(1 Samuel 30:6-8 NKJV) 
Now David was greatly distressed, for the people spoke of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and his daughters. But David strengthened himself in the LORD his God. {7} Then David said to Abiathar the priest, Ahimelech’s son, “Please bring the ephod here to me.” And Abiathar brought the ephod to David. {8} So David inquired of the LORD, saying, “Shall I pursue this troop? Shall I overtake them?” And He answered him, “Pursue, for you shall surely overtake them and without fail recover all.”

(Psalms 16:8-11 NKJV) 
I have set the LORD always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved. {9} Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will rest in hope. {10} For You will not leave my soul in Sheol, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption. {11} You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

(Psalms 37:23-24 NKJV) 
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, And He delights in his way. {24} Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.


The End ...

Comments