REST IN HOPE (2)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Hope in God

a) This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. {22} Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. {23} They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. {24} “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” {25} The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. {26} It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the LORD.  (Lamentations 3:21-26 NKJV)  

2. Other Scriptures

(Psalms 119:81 NKJV) 
My soul faints for Your salvation, But I hope in Your word.

(Psalms 119:114 NKJV) 
You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word.

(Psalms 130:4-7 NKJV) 
But there is forgiveness with You, That You may be feared. {5} I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, And in His word I do hope. {6} My soul waits for the Lord More than those who watch for the morning; Yes, more than those who watch for the morning. {7} O Israel, hope in the LORD; For with the LORD there is mercy, And with Him is abundant redemption.

(Psalms 146:5-9 NKJV) 
Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the LORD his God, {6} Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, {7} Who executes justice for the oppressed, Who gives food to the hungry. The LORD gives freedom to the prisoners. {8} The LORD opens the eyes of the blind; The LORD raises those who are bowed down; The LORD loves the righteous. {9} The LORD watches over the strangers; He relieves the fatherless and widow; But the way of the wicked He turns upside down.

(Psalms 147:11 NKJV) 
The LORD takes pleasure in those who fear Him, In those who hope in His mercy.


The End ...

Comments