REST IN HOPE (3)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Hope in God

a) This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. {22} Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. {23} They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. {24} “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” {25} The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. {26} It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the LORD.  (Lamentations 3:21-26 NKJV)  

2. Other Scriptures

(Ecclesiastes 9:4 NKJV) 
But for him who is joined to all the living there is hope, for a living dog is better than a dead lion.

(Jeremiah 17:7-8 NKJV) 
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. {8} For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.

(Jeremiah 31:16-17 NKJV) 
Thus says the LORD: “Refrain your voice from weeping, And your eyes from tears; For your work shall be rewarded, says the LORD, And they shall come back from the land of the enemy. {17} There is hope in your future, says the LORD, That your children shall come back to their own border.

(Acts 2:25-28 NKJV) 
“For David says concerning Him: ‘I foresaw the LORD always before my face, For He is at my right hand, that I may not be shaken. {26} Therefore my heart rejoiced, and my tongue was glad; Moreover my flesh also will rest in hope. {27} For You will not leave my soul in Hades, Nor will You allow Your Holy One to see corruption. {28} You have made known to me the ways of life; You will make me full of joy in Your presence.’

(Acts 24:15-16 NKJV) 
“I have hope in God, which they themselves also accept, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust. {16} “This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense toward God and men.



The End ...

Comments